Theatre is a free activity open to all students who want to try it out! Students have the opportunity to act, direct, and work behind the scenes. Please see the information below about each show.
Students perform short 10-minute plays that are directed by OMS 8th graders. Students can act in more than one show, and it's a great way to try acting for the first time!
- Student-Directors Meeting: Second or third week of school
- Auditions: Third week of school
- Rehearsals: Tuesdays, Wednesdays, or Thursdays
- Stage Crew: No stage crew
- Performances: Third weekend in November
Students work together to create a longer show directed by Ms. Charlton. Students can also work on the stage crew with Mrs. Halverson to design and create the set, cue the lights and sounds, and work behind the curtain to organize the show. Previous performances include 67 Cinderellas, North Woods Nonsense, and I was a Teenaged Zucchini...but I didn't get Squashed.
- Auditions: Week before Winter Break
- Rehearsals: Tuesdays and Thursdays
- Stage Crew Meetings: Wednesdays
- Performances: Second weekend in March